My Teens | My 20s | My 30s | My 40s | My 50s | My 60s | My 70s & Beyond | Take Care of Your Skin
The most common cause of sagging skin is the loss of fat in your cheeks and along the jawline. Fillers such as Juvéderm®, Restylane®, and RADIESSE® immediately add volume to your cheeks, treat deep creases along your mouth, add volume to your jawline and chin, plus reduce the hollowness of your eyes. It’s not unusual to use up to four syringes, but when your treatment is finished, you will appear rested and more youthful. Fillers such as Juvéderm and Restylane can add volume to your lips, too.
Skin Tightening and Body Reshaping
As you reach your sixties, you may notice sagging of your skin on your face, chin, and jawline is even more pronounced. Wrinkles and fine lines around your mouth, eyes, and forehead become more apparent. And you may also start to notice that the skin on your arms, tummy, buttocks, and above the knees is loose as well. Thermage®, which uses radiofrequency, can tighten the loose skin along the jawline and chin to provide a better definition of the angle of your jaw. Thermage can tighten laxity of your upper face and eyes as well, and give your skin an overall smoother, softer, and tighter appearance.
For the arms, tummy, love handles, buttocks, thighs, and above the knees, both VASER Shape and Thermage for Body can tighten and reduce fat. Thermage requires only one treatment and there’s no downtime. VASER® Shape includes a series of five treatments spaced one week apart and there’s no downtime. Following the final one, the average patient will have a reduction of two inches. VASER® Shape is a very comfortable procedure and feels like a hot stone massage.
In your sixties, you can significantly improve the color, deep wrinkles, and texture of your skin with fractional lasers. Our fractional lasers, Fraxel® and DOT Therapy, work by stimulating new collagen and by replacing old skin with new skin cells. The results are a significant improvement in the elasticity, skin tone, texture, pore sizes, and color of the skin.
Most patients require four or five Fraxel treatments, each one month apart. When DOT Therapy is used, you usually need one treatment, but depending on the severity of wrinkles or skin texture, you may require a second treatment three months later.
Peels are also a great way to rejuvenate the skin. Depending on your skin type and rejuvenation goals, our aestheticians determine which one of our peels will bring you the best results. Peels are typically three to six in a series and are scheduled one month apart.
In your 60s, it’s especially important to have balanced hormones to live a healthy life. As you age, your hormone levels decline. With an imbalance of hormones come several symptoms:
- Women will experience hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, weight gain, and a decrease in libido, memory, and processing information.
- Men also experience a host of symptoms as they age and their hormones become imbalanced. This male version of menopause is called andropause. Men experience symptoms including chronic fatigue, energy loss, low sex drive, decrease in physical agility, memory loss, and weight gain.
Replacing your hormones using bio-identical hormone pellets and the SottoPelle method can help you return your hormones to healthy levels and improve your life.
Laser hair removal is a great way to get rid of unwanted hair. Laser hair removal requires a series of treatments four to six weeks apart, and generally four to six treatments are needed. The best results occur when the hair is dark and coarse.
If laser treatments are out of your budget and/or if you have blonde, white/gray, or red hair, a great alternative is electrolysis. If you have dark hair, you can also have electrolysis if you are concerned about hyperpigmentation of your skin. Just like lasers, electrolysis is a series of treatments, typically four to six weeks apart. Additionally, we offer very affordable waxing and threading hair removal treatments to remove hair.
Our Best Advice
- DOT Therapy is an excellent treatment to reduce significant wrinkles, improve the overall texture of your skin, and improve the color of your skin.
- Restore volume in your face by using fillers such as RADIESSE, Restylane, or Juvederm.
- Reduce wrinkles on your forehead, around your eyes, and between your brows.
- Keep your skin hydrated, especially during the summer, by having hydrating facials and/or microderms.
- Consider bio-identical hormone pellets to restore emotional and physical wellness.
- Review your skin care program and be sure to include:
- Facial cleanser twice a day
- TNS Essential Serum® or TNS Recovery Complex® twice a day
- Vitamin C & E Complex for added antioxidant protection
- Tri-Retinol Complex® 2-3 times a week at bedtime
- TNS Eye Repair twice a day
- TNS Dermal Repair twice a day
- Wear sunblock 365 days a year