My Teens | My 20s | My 30s | My 40s | My 50s | My 60s | My 70s & Beyond | Take Care of Your Skin
When you’re in your twenties, aging may be the furthest thought from your mind. But this is the time to start preventing future skin problems, primarily by using sunblock 365 days a year and limiting your sun exposure. To prevent future lines, dark spots, and wrinkles, you can also use antioxidants, such as vitamins C & E, and anti-aging products such as SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum® and SkinMedica’s TNS Recovery Complex®.
At this age, any lines and creases you see are thanks to genetics and your particular facial expressions, and they can show up in your early 20s. These lines and furrows can get worse if you’re a highly expressive person or you have a lot of stress in your life. Wrinkle reducers such as BOTOX® or Dysport® relax the muscles so your expression lines are not as severe, and in the long run, will help keep them soft.
It’s not unusual to have acne in your twenties. Acne has many causes, but the main culprit is fluctuating hormones. The good news is that we have many treatment options that our providers or Dr. de la Torre can customize for you for acne and the scars it can leave behind. To help you get the best results, these options may comprise combinations of therapy, and can include:
- Lasers, like FotoFacial, to reduce the inflammation and redness of acne. Fraxel®, our gold standard for reducing acne scars, stimulates collagen production that diminishes scars and associated pigment changes, and brings smoothness to the skin.
- Chemical peels, which provide controlled exfoliation of the outermost layers of skin that have been damaged by acne, revealing fresher and healthier skin.
- Skin Medica skin care products, when combined with our treatments, can help reduce skin inflammation and pigmentation, decrease acne outbreaks, and reduce pore sizes.
- Microderms, which use micro crystals to exfoliate the top layer of skin, eliminating dead skin cells from the pores to reduce blackhead and whiteheads and improving the evenness of skin tone.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is the most popular laser service for our patients in their 20s because it’s fast and provides permanent hair removal with immediate results. The most common areas treated with laser hair removal are the upper lip, chin, sideburns, forehead, jawline, armpits, bikini area, abdomen, back, arms, legs, and even the toes! Laser hair removal involves a series of treatments, usually six, to get 90-95% of treated hair permanently removed. The procedure typically requires touch-up treatments every one-and-a-half to three years.
Our Best Advice
- Start a healthy skin care regimen with our SkinMedica® skincare products:
- Facial Cleanser in the morning and evening
- Tri-Retinol Complex two times a week at bedtime
- Vitamin C & E Complex every day
- Ultra Sheer Moisturizer with SPF 30 every day
- Maintain your great skin in our dry climate by having a facial and microderm three times per year
- Remember – sunblock 365 days a year!